Loading…

Sensing or Intuitive – MBTI

Myers briggs personality type indicator are you a sensor or intuitive? Sensing and Intuition are input Sensing or Intuitivefunctions in the MBTI, it’s about how you gain information, sensors are very much in tune with their five sensors.

We all gain information from our five sensors, however sensors rely heavily on that sensory information and take that information at face value. Those of us who are intuitive take that sensory information and then use it to assign meanings and look for possibilities and patterns. Sensors make up the majority of the population, approximately 75 percent are sensors with the remaining 25 percent being intuitive.

Character traits

Sensors

Sensors look at things in a very practical way, for them it’s all about sensory information which is perceived in a very direct way which makes them generally more practical than those who are intuitive. Sensors pay great attention to details and specifics, they are more likely to notice minor changes and smaller details. Sensors like practical real world evidence to support a new idea or concept.

You can also see evidence of somebody being a sensor by the type of movies that they like. Strong sensors will normally prefer movies which are based on truth stories, or basically any movie that could be real, real events and situations. For example gangster movies or movies where paying attention to details is important.

Intuitive

Intuitives often tend to live in their own head, because of this they are often not very aware of details and what’s going on around them, plus the details are not as important to them.

Intuitives more often look at the bigger picture, assigning meaning, and considering implications rather than living in that specific moment in time. They’re more likely to go with ideas and concepts even if there is not a great deal of evidence to support it. Those who are intuitive are more likely to prefer fantasy and science fiction movies.

So are you Intuitive or a sensor?

More extroverts are sensors and more introverts are intuitive, so if you are an extrovert the chances are you are a sensor.

Questions to help you determine which one you are.
  • Do you consider yourself to be down to earth and practical, or do you like concepts and ideas which are a bit out there or unusual?
  • Do you live in the current moment, paying attention to the now, or are you off thinking about the future or deep in thought?
  • Do you trust your actual experiences or do you prefer to lead with your gut instincts/intuition?
  • Do you like movies that are based on true stories or do you prefer fantasy or science fiction?

Save

Save

Leave a Reply